Sunday 18 May 2014

A Right Charlie

So Charlie did a couple of re-sits last week, with his A2s starting this week.

Does he deserve good results?  I'll let you be the judge.  Here's what he told me about his philosophy paper this week.

'It was terrible.  Towards the end, I needed to blow my nose, so I put my hand in my pocket for a hanky.  And I found I had my notes in my pocket. It was too late into the exam to tell the invigilator: I'd already written two really good essays, and didn't want them discounted. So the only thing to do was to eat my notes.  So I tore them up and ate them bit by bit.'

--

You might remember him in your prayers.

5 comments:

Ttony said...

If he wants to be dropped into occupied territory by Lysander, I'll write a reference for him.

Mind you: a 16/17 year old boy who actually has a hanky might end up a bit like Dicky Attenborough in Great Escape saying "Thank You".

Maybe we should just stick to prayers.

Simon Platt said...

Gordon Jackson.

Yours pedantically, etc.

Ttony said...

That's my credibility as being down there with the yoof gone for a Burton, isn't it!

Ben Trovato said...

If it's any consolation, Ttony, that film is a great favourite with Charlie, so you hit the right note.

Rhoslyn said...

Hahaha, aww bless him!