Sunday 16 March 2014

First dip of the year...

After Mass today, the sun was shining, the birds were singing, and the dog was desperate for a walk.

So we went down the bridle path to the river.

That took us past the field where the first lambs in the village are. There mother is still very cautious with them, and walked them away as she saw us coming down the path.  So they are very tiny in the photo (but then they are very tiny in real life).

Which reminds me of a story about Picasso.  Apparently someone criticised one of his paintings: 'Why do you not paint things they way they really look?' 'I honestly don't understand what you mean,' he replied.  The critic pulled out his wallet and produced a photo of his wife: 'Look, like this: that's what my wife really looks like!' Picasso looked at the small square of photographic paper with an image on it. 'She is very small, isn't she. And very flat!'

But I digress.

So we wandered on, down to the river and Goldie retrieved a few sticks and fished a few stones from the bottom, as is her wont.

Then Ant and Bernie went for the first dip of the season. They assure me it was very cold, and I have no reason to doubt them.  But as a spectator sport, I highly recommend it.

No comments: